Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Park Slope and the Miracle Mile

Yesterday I walked over to my friend Allison's apartment in Park Slope to meet for lunch. We went to a neighborhood cafe with a great lunch special and caught up on everything that's been going on in our crazy lives. Oh yes, there were meatballs involved.

Photobucket

We wandered around Brooklyn for a bit for heading into the city for the Miracle Mile Festival on 5th Avenue. All of the museums along 5th were free from 6-9 and the road was closed off. No buses, cabs, cars, just people! It was a treat.

Photobucket

I intended to go into several of the museums but the lines were downright absurd, except at the National Academy. We just really enjoyed walking down the street and adding to the mile-long chalk mural.

Photobucket

I know I'm no big fan of the Guggenheim but I had only seen it when it was a terrible dingy gray or surrounded by scaffolding. It looked beautiful last night.

Photobucket

All in all, a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment