Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I made it!

With storms in Dallas and storms in New York, I was lucky to get in only 45 minutes late. I've never had much trouble with motion sickness but circling in that plane....ugh. The following HOUR cab ride did not make me feel better. It was stop and go traffic all the way to Brooklyn! This guy did not help.

traffic cop

At one point I caught a glimpse of myself in the plastic cab divider.

melting

It was not good, y'all. I was so relieved when I got to the apartment! Not much time to rest, though. I had a date with Elaine and Steev in Manhattan for dinner at Thai 51.

Thai

thai dinner

Elaine won with the Pad Thai. I want to go back and have it again! Good thing I've got loads of time.

Steev and I headed back to Brooklyn because we'd both had long days but were lured to what has been called the greatest bar in Brooklyn. The best part? It's across the street from their apartment.

Photobucket

We were sitting in the garden. That's Steev. The lit windows across the street is our apartment. I apologize for the picture quality, I took it with my phone!

I've missed you, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment