Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm out of New York shape, part one

I had plans to meet Elaine and Steev again for lunch in Manhattan so I headed in a few hours early without any real plans. I meandered over to Union Square and walked through the farmer's market. I used to run in when I lived in the area to pick up some vegetables for dinner but rarely just ambled through.

union square,fruit,apples,flowers,new york city

I had a great time because I actually stopped to sample some things:

meats,union square,new york city,hogs

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were loads of people swarming this particular table of sugar snap peas (I had to wait until some people moved to take the picture so you could see the peas!) so of course I had to get some. They are delicious!

Photobucket

I then headed uptown a bit to Waldy's Pizza for lunch, despite having just overloaded on samples. We ordered an arugula, garlic and fried egg pizza.

Photobucket

Sounds bizarre, tastes delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment