Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nature Picture Overload. Brace Yourself.

Before I decided on law school I seriously wanted to go back to school to get a horticulture degree. I know, I'm not much of a gardener (yet!) but plants are amazing. I think there's an element of magic involved in how exactly they grow. (I have the same feelings about photography and developing film. It's magic.) And I maintain I'd be really good at it because so much of studying plants is visual. I like visual!

Ever the responsible one, I decided to accept my admission to law school instead. However, I admit that the last few days I've been surrounded by so much nature it made me want to change my mind...

Lunch and a Rest in Central Park, Sheep's Meadow:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Allison and I went to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens and it was incredible. Definitely, definitely get out of Manhattan and into Brooklyn the next time you visit the city. The Museum and the Gardens are worth the trip (also: next door to each other. Bonus!).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

TURTLES!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I was especially taken with the Fragrance Garden.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Peppermint Patty in plant form.

Photobucket
It actually smelled like pineapple! Tasted like sage, though. (Uh, don't tell anyone I tried it. I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.)

I didn't get a picture of it, but they had a honey garlic plant that was the most heavenly thing I've ever smelled.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I could've lived in this tree forever.

Photobucket

More nature to follow including a trip to upstate New York and a garden party in Manhattan. It's been an amazing few days.

2 comments:

  1. The 10th picture in there makes me think of that Project Runway episode where they had to take pictures of flowers, "be inspired", and make a dress. Make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My toes and fingers glow. I heart it.

    ReplyDelete