Monday, June 22, 2009

Lazy day...

As much fun as I’ve had running around the city, I’ve also really enjoyed the quiet days. I woke up Thursday intending to run in the park because it wasn’t raining. I got all dressed, headed out the door, walked around the block, bought a Diet Coke, returned to the apartment and sat on the couch playing Nintendo for a while. Some days, you just don’t feel like running! You always feel like Donkey Kong, though.

donkey kong

Of course, it started raining in the afternoon once I made it into Manhattan. I wandered through H&M (hello, $5 sweater!) and the Strand. Moving slowly, I headed into Queens. Chris and John made a delicious Indian dish for dinner that the name of escapes me, followed by the best rice pudding I’ve ever had. It was even made with brown rice! So it was healthy, right? Right? And that organic honey that we poured on top has half the calories of normal because it’s organic, y’all. I promise. After dinner, my friend Kevin came over to their house and the four of us played my new favorite game, Spades, for a while. It’s nights like these in New York that I really miss in Texas.
cards

No comments:

Post a Comment